Knuckleball HQ Community What's your speed?
Markwort Speed Sensor Baseball
JUGS Cordless Radar Gun
Sport Sensors Glove Radar
Sports Sensors Bat Swing Speed Radar

Knuckleballer Sports Cards
Niekro, Wakefield and more!
!
Not logged in [Login - Register]
go to bottom

Printable Version | Send to Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Ryan Franklin
chrisisasavage
Prospect

Posts 17
Registered 11-27-2003

Mood: slightly awake

posted on 5-13-2004 at 04:21 AM Reply With Quote
Ryan Franklin

I read the M's pitching coach won't let him throw the knuckler in a MLB game. Does anyone know why? As bad as he's been this year, it couldn't hurt, and might reinvent his game. As an M's fan this season is starting to hurt REAL bad, and it'd be nice to see a good knuckler on the team. Also, if it works out, it might allow for some extra innings. Has anyone seen him throw the thing? Supposedly it's pretty good, but I've never seen video of it.
chrisisasavage
Prospect

Posts 17
Registered 11-27-2003

Mood: slightly awake

posted on 5-13-2004 at 04:28 AM Reply With Quote
A couple quotes

"Franklin throws five different pitches (fastball, curve, slider, change, forkball) and says he'd love to throw his sixth -- a knuckler -- if only the Mariners would let him. "

from http://www.strikethree.com/01/06/05/jason.shtml.

"He's working on a knuckler that I told him he can use on his 40th birthday." - quoted by Price himself

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/sports/mariners/preview/2004/franklin.html

I read another quote flat out saying Price wouldn't let him throw the thing, but can't figure out where I found this. What a sham!

xthemavrickx
Rookie

Posts 6
Registered 5-11-2004
Location Seattle Washington

Mood: PHAT

posted on 5-14-2004 at 08:15 PM Reply With Quote
yea he does but brian price wont let him throw it. They way he is been throwing they need to let him try it at least. I saw him throw it at Spring Traing and i think i saw him throw it a couple times when he was in the bullpen before a game.
View User's Profile E-Mail User View All Posts By User U2U Member   xthemavrickx 's Aim

New Reply

go to top

The opinions expressed in these forums are those of the respective authors and do not necessarily reflect the views of this site's administrators.