Knuckleball HQ Community What's your speed?
Markwort Speed Sensor Baseball
JUGS Cordless Radar Gun
Sport Sensors Glove Radar
Sports Sensors Bat Swing Speed Radar

Knuckleballer Sports Cards
Niekro, Wakefield and more!
!
Not logged in [Login - Register]
go to bottom

Printable Version | Send to Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: help with the arsenal?
devin7491
Prospect

Posts 23
Registered 7-30-2009

Mood: stoked

posted on 8-3-2009 at 02:18 AM Reply With Quote
help with the arsenal?

I throw a cutter, 4-seamer, circle change, and gyro te cutter being my best pitch i use like 90% of the time is there any pitches i could learn that would complement my cutter?

your help is greatly apreciated

arsenal:
cutter
four- seamer
circle change

Micks Mets
Hopeless Mets Fan

Posts 119
Registered 10-3-2008
Location Central New York

Mood:

posted on 8-3-2009 at 02:41 AM Reply With Quote
To complement your cutter develope your 4-seamer and a 2-seamer, so you have 3 three hard movements( your gyro could be the 2 seamer) and a change-up so you can have something soft. Experiment with different grips for your change, circle or otherwise

Its the toughest thing to do in sports, root for the Mets and root for the Jets

devin7491
Prospect

Posts 23
Registered 7-30-2009

Mood: stoked

posted on 8-3-2009 at 02:54 AM Reply With Quote
great idea. thnx

arsenal:
cutter
four- seamer
circle change

Pitch from the Past
Veteran

Posts 77
Registered 7-12-2004

Mood:

posted on 9-21-2009 at 10:58 PM Reply With Quote
2 Seam Tailing FB and/or Sinking FB + a Breaking Ball

I'd develop a 2 Seam Tailing FB with a backspin of 1/7 or @ a 45 deg axis (11/5 for a LHP)

I would also work on a 2 Seam Sinking FB with a 2/8 or 3/9 spin(65-90deg axis). a 3/9 spin would be better. It's best when thrown hard, with great wrist action, and @ the knees. Can be thrown two different ways. One with more pressure on the index finger with a slight pronation of the hand cutting/ pushing through the ball giving it side spin. The other way involves having a flexible wrist where you need to point your fingers outward almost parallel to the ground thrown right through behind the ball.

Those two 2 Seam fastballs work well with the Cut Fastball. I don't consider the CutFB, TailingFB, SinkingFB as separate pitches but rather types of late breaking FASTBALLS.

You need a breaking ball. Since you have a good CutFB, I'd try to learn a 12/6 Curveball. You already have a lateral break with the CutFB, so the Slider might not be the better pick(since the Slider has more lateral break). Some people have a 1/7 or full tilt drop Slider though. But I would try to throw them both to see which one would be better, I'd lean to learn the Straight Drop Curveball though.

I'm not a fan of the Gyroball at all. It's a pitch that I feel is all hype IMHO. I'd drop it. If you are a LHP, a 2/8 Screwball would be your better bet.

[Edited on 9-21-2009 by Pitch from the Past]

New Reply

go to top

The opinions expressed in these forums are those of the respective authors and do not necessarily reflect the views of this site's administrators.